Users eligible to use Interlibrary Loan:
- Current faculty
- Current staff
- Current students
- Faculty emeriti
Materials not-available through Interlibrary Loan:
- Archives/Special Collections (includes microfilm)
- Lavery owned materials (If Lavery's copy is checked out, you may request a copy through ILL).
- Materials available on reserve at the Checkout Desk (Unless you need it for a longer loan period).
- Materials not yet published
Materials Lavery Library does not lend to outside libraries:
- Fisher Textbooks
- Archives/Special Collections
- K-12 Resource Center materials
- Reserve materials
- Newly acquired materials (within the past 3 months)
If an item borrowed through ILL is damaged and the lending library determines that a damage fee or replacement charge is necessary, the damage/replacement fee will be passed on to the patron’s SJFC account. Bills over $10 will result in a hold on the student’s account, which prohibits the student from registering and receiving grades or transcripts, and must be paid in full in order to be removed.
Very Overdue and Lost Items:
If an item is lost or kept so far past the due date that the lending library assumes it is lost, the student is responsible for the replacement charge as determined by the lending library. Bills over $10 will result in a hold on the student’s Fisher account, which prohibits the student from registering and receiving grades or transcripts. These bills must paid in full in order for the hold to be removed. Students may also be blocked from further Interlibrary Loan use until the bill has been paid.