Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm a online/distance student. How do I get materials delivered to me?
Please see our Online and Distance Student Programs section of this guide for more information.
How long will it take for my request to arrive?
On average, articles arrive within 48 hours to your Fisher Email. Books will typically arrive within 3-5 business days. While delivery time is sometimes dependent upon other libraries, we strive to provide speedy service!
Where do I pick up my request?
- Articles - Delivered directly to your Fisher Email
- Books - Available at the Checkout Desk (don't forget your Fisher ID)
How do I know when my request is available?
You will receive a notification in your Fisher Email when your request is available.
My password won't work! Who do I contact?
See OIT's Password Reset information page to reset your password. You use your email username and password to login to ILL, so these are the credentials you should troubleshoot with OIT.
If you are still having trouble, contact our Systems Librarian at 585-385-8382 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who do I contact with request questions/problems?
Contact the Interlibrary Loan Office at 585-385-8106 or email email@example.com
What happens if I lose an article or book chapter I requested?
ILL articles are available from your ILL account for up to 30 days after delivery.
Log into your ILL account (https://illiad.sjfc.edu).
Scroll down to "Articles and Book Chapters"
Click "View" to see the PDF you need
Be sure to save to your desktop/USB/etc.! Articles are only available for up to 30 days after delivery!
Can Alumni use Interlibrary Loan?
No, but Alumni do have access to other library services. Find out more on the Alumni section of the Borrowing Library Materials page.
How Do I Check the Status of my Request?
To check on the status of a request:
Log into your ILL account
Your Outstanding Requests will be listed on top of your ILL account homepage.
Look for the "Status" column and you will see the progress of your request:
Status definitions are listed below:
- Request received: We have received your request and are processing it.
- Request sent to libraries: Your request has been sent to other lending libraries and they are checking their resources to see if they can fill it.
- Awaiting response from you: We have contacted you about this item and are awaiting feedback. Please check your Fisher email for a message from firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Item is waiting for you at the Checkout Desk!: Your loan has arrived and is ready to be picked up at the Checkout Desk using your Fisher ID!
- Item now available: This item has been delivered to your Fisher email as a PDF. You can also find it in your ILL account.
- Checked out to you: Your loan has been checked out to you and is in your possession.
- Cancelled: Your request was unable to be filled through Interlibrary Loan and has been cancelled.Get help finding other sources by emailing email@example.com!