Most of Lavery Library's e-books are protected by DRM (Digital Rights Management) systems.
DRM systems control the use of digital content, such as downloadable songs, DVDs and CDs, games, and of course, e-books.
- EBSCOhost eBook collection contains DRM-protected e-books.
To download DRM-protected library e-books, you need Adobe® Digital Editions (ADE) software.
- ADE allows you to download and read material protected by DRM, as well as to purchase digital content which can be read online and offline.
- ADE supports industry-standard e-book formats, such as EPUB, Mobi, and HTML.
- As of Spring 2011, ADE is also available in French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Chinese Simplified, and Chinese Traditional (and more will be added).
- Adobe Digital Editions FAQ
- List of ADE system requirements and compatible devices
To download a DRM-protected book to your e-device, follow these steps in this order:
- Download ADE software [free] onto your personal computer.
- Download the e-book to your personal computer.
- During install, *do* choose to "authorize" your computer with a free Adobe ID - this lets you download DRM-protected books to your e-device.
- Sync the computer with your e-device.
- Transfer the e-book from your computer to your e-device.
- ADE does NOT support any Amazon Kindle e-readers.
- This means that you CAN'T download any DRM-protected book onto a Kindle.