Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Humans Behind the Tech
Kate Ross: Head of Technical Services/Acquisitions Librarian
Two Acquisitions Assistants
Two student workers
Contact us at email@example.com
What We Do (in a nutshell)
We are responsible for ordering, receiving, cataloging, processing, and arranging payment for all new library materials, which include print, audio, video, games, manipulatives, and eBooks. We also monitor and manage the budget that is used to pay for these materials.
- Facilitate the selection of new materials for the Library by faculty and staff, students, and librarian selectors.
- Acquire books, videos, and curriculum center manipulatives for Lavery Library, St. John Fisher College.
- Process and catalog the items so that they are available to be found using the Library's online catalog and on the shelves.
- We adapt to our constituents' changing needs and view our role as providing valuable information tools.
How we help you:
- Faculty get materials needed for teaching and research activities
- Students get materials needed for assignments, recreation, current awareness
Our mission: Delivering services and information in the most effective and efficient way possible.
Our motto: Information without obstacles.